I was thinking this morning, as I always do [rolling eyes because I think way too much], how good I feel.
When I decided to take this year off, I was very nervous and didn’t really expect that I would see it through. I imagined I would be back at school by June. I’m glad I’ve stuck it out. But, I also set the intention to use the year to heal. Initially, it was to heal from the events and trauma of last year. Now, I realise it was to heal from the trauma of the first half of my life.
And, I am so grateful that that is what is happening.
I am in such a fantastic mental, emotional, spiritual and physical place. I feel empowered. And strong. And happy.
Testament to the ‘therapy’ I am currently undergoing – I leave each session feeling better than when I walked in, and there is no residual dealing with the issues. I walk out resolved and I stay resolved. I also keep working through other issues.
So, what have I learned, in a nutshell:
* taking time out to heal is never wasted
* nurturing and taking care of yourself is vital if you are going to be happy and be able to give to others
* if you feel a calling or yearning to do something, do it (unless it is criminal)
* feel the fear and do it anyway
* process and resolve emotional baggage before it becomes too difficult/insurmountable/overwhelming
* find what works for you, and do it