1. Don’t ignore the hard work. If you are sad, work out why. Talk to people about it. Write about it. Paint it. Do something with it. Get it out.
2. Put your needs first when you need to. Do not feel guilty about this. You can’t serve others if you are depleted. You are important too.
3. Serve. Give back. Be compassionate. Give.
4. Practice gratitude. Find the small things in every day that give you something. Memorialise these things somehow, somewhere. Be open.
5. Embrace opportunities. Say yes, even if you want to say no. Try new things. Learn new things. Don’t be stagnant. Go to different places. Explore. Try. Yes.
6. Get out into the natural world as often as you can. Be still. Close your eyes. Feel the sun or the wind or the rain. Be quiet. Just be. Deep breaths. Feel the spirit coursing through everything, including you. Walk barefoot. Hug a tree. Have your hands out, palms facing.