I came to a further acceptance of sorts yesterday. I am not receiving casual work (or I am knocking it back lol). I have been looking for casual work outside of teaching with minimal success (which means no success).
The universe is giving me clear signs and pushing me into following my bliss:
1. I am breaking my addiction to a regular pay cheque.
2. Savings only last for so long.
3. I have lots of trips to pay for.
4. I have to trust that money will come.
5. I need to grow and market my business.
6. I need to be writing.
7. Lucy said there would be times of struggle. And whilst I’m not there yet, I can see it coming.
Life. At least I’m happy. I’m not selling out the way of life that I want, and this is all temporary. And, winter is coming. Teachers will get sick. Or not. I’ll be okay.
I am also grateful that my business is slowly growing. I love the tutoring and working with kids that want to learn, and I love empowering adults to write their stories; navigating difficult paths and choices in storytelling. I still love the workshops but the business seems to be steering away from them.
An interesting year. Nothing is looking like I thought it would.
And I’m good with that.
I wanted change. Lol. I’m getting it.
Be careful what you wish for … you might achieve your dreams.